Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Spicy and Sweet

It is a flame that cannot be extinguished for a very long time
It can come from a pepper, or many different spices
Nevertheless, you send off a signal to the brain
My taste buds are numb, and my mouth is in pain
You have a taste, but you also have the potentially to numb the rest of my mouth
After I eat too much of it, I feel like I want to scream and shout
Spicy foods, you know you are just like a hot flame
Blazing without any ammunition to get you started
After that one taste of you, I do not know what to do
My mouth just hurts so badly
Many people love you, many people avoid you, and many people hate you
Many want you, but they cannot take the pain
Leaving me gasping for air and a tummy ache
It is just too bad you taste so great!

You are everyone’s guilty pleasure
You take many forms and shapes
Whether you are a pastry, a fruit or even a cold frozen treat
You taste so good to me
Sweet food, you have a way of making me want more and more
I do not love you, but I adore you
But just like the spicy, you sometimes leave me with regret
When I sit and rub my stomach, I fret
Why did I overindulge?
You taste sol good, like heaven and a dream
Kids, adults, and teens we all love you, but you don’t love us back
You can cause diabetes and are no good
But you taste so good
Yet, I feel so guilty

No comments:

Post a Comment