Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sleep

Sleep is a very important and vital part of life. I am one of those people that need sleep in order to function. Studies show that the average person needs at least 8 hours of sleep every night, in order to be completely rested and to be healthy. I think that everyone knows that sleep is very important. Here is an example of a day of my life when I do not get enough sleep. Today would actually be a very good example of what happens when I do not get enough sleep.

I only got about 6 hours of sleep last night and I did not even feel like waking up this morning. I found it very difficult to get out of bed and I ended up sleeping for an extra 30 minutes. I put on any thing that I could find and I packed my back. In the process, I forgot my composition book for chemistry and did not study for the potential quiz we were having. I felt so bewildered and out of sorts. During second period, I almost fell asleep and I was not as attentive as I usually am. Then during fourth period, I had a little bit more energy. By the end of the day, I felt exhausted and I wanted to take a nap. I was also very hungry because I only had a slice of toast for breakfast.

On the way home, I almost fell asleep on the train and I did fall asleep in the car. I still do not have enough energy to write this blog. My thought process has been out of sorts all day and will probably remain that way, until I get some sleep. Sleep is very important and should never be taken lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment