Friday, November 26, 2010

Gross Veggies

In order to make sure someone receives an adequate amount of nutrition, it is important to eat five servings of fruits and vegetables everyday. They are packed full of vitamins and nutrients that help keep your body strong and focused. Eating the recommended amount can even help you lose weight. The reason why most people find it extremely difficult to eat the necessary amount of vegetables everyday is due to the bitter taste that the majority of them have. In my opinion, the most disgusting vegetables are Brussels sprouts.

What makes Brussels sprouts so disgusting is the taste. They taste extremely bitter and if it were not for seasonings like salt, pepper, and butter, I would not even think once about eating them. Putting a Brussels sprout in your mouth without any seasonings is like torturing your taste buds. Eating one is like a sock in the chest, knocking the wind out of you.

In order to be healthy, I always try to eat five servings of veggies everyday. But, I also make it easier on myself by avoiding the ones that make this process much more difficult than it has to be. So, with that being said I rarely ever eat Brussels sprouts unless I have to. I thank God my mother does not buy them all the time. I just do not know what I would do if I had to consume those gross sorry excuse for food tasting, vermin things everyday. Yuck! That is the first word that comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment