Monday, November 29, 2010

Appreciate Parents

Two of the most influential people in a child’s life are their mother and father. Whether they are present or absent in the child’s life, that child will still be influenced by their parents’ behavior. Unfortunately, not all parents are what most of us may consider “involved” or “good” parents. But, for those who chose to be an active figure in a child’s life, they have created influential members in society. Parents provide children with food, shelter, and often give us things that are not considered necessities. I cannot speak for everyone’s mother and father, but my parents have definitely made it their mission to make sure I succeed in life. I love both of my parents very much and for all that they have done, I have no reason not to appreciate them.

Parents are the ones who give you life, to begin with. Life is one of the most precious gifts and the fact that they brought you into the world, when they have the option not to, says a lot. My parents were young parents, which is more than difficult. They sacrificed many things and went out of their way for me. Sometimes they had to miss out on their adolescent “fun-time.” My parents could have been selfish and immature and left me with whom ever was around, but they gave me their time. Some parents never step up to the plate, young or old, and I appreciate the fact that my parents were very mature for their age.

No comments:

Post a Comment