Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Interesting Person

Eminem is probably one of the most controversial artists of my generation. From his explicit lyrics and bold mentality, he definitely sets himself apart from the rest of the Rap world. Most people say that Eminem is crazy, but from my perspective, his sanity is in tact. I think his lyrics sometimes represent what most of us are too afraid to say. If I could have lunch with any famous person, I would choose Eminem. He seems to be a very interesting person and I would like to meet him.

I do not know him personally. As a matter of fact, I do not know him at all. But, based on his music, I find him very interesting. He has a very carefree and “I do not care what anybody thinks” vibe. I think that is very different from most people. He had a very rough childhood, which I think has something to do with previous affiliation with drugs. His mother, whom he often bashes in his music, appears to be a very unfit parent. But what I think makes Eminem so interesting is his attitude, in general.

There are few questions that I would ask, if we had the pleasure of meeting one day. I would not ask the typical questions that reporters ask. The last thing I would want to do is make him feel like he is in an interview. The only question I could only think of is how he learned to stop caring about how others perceive him. Eminem seems to be a very confident person and I would like to be as confident as he is. In my opinion, confidence is linked to courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment