Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Best Teachers

In my opinion, one of the most important professions in the world is an educator. We have all played the role of an educator at least once in our lives. The primary reason a teacher is so important to me is because a teacher gives his or her students one of the best and most important gives anyone can ever receive: knowledge. With that being said, a teacher should always be courteous, an expert in their particular subject, and should be wise and intelligent.  The best way to teach students is to make learning fun because I know that my peers and I grasp information much better when I am being entertained. A teacher that always went out of their way to make learning fun, the one that generally cared about all of his students was my fourth grade teacher, Mr. Palmquist.

Mr. Palmquist went above and beyond what it means to be a teacher. He did not just teach the basic subjects in school, but he went above and beyond and taught us about life. He was honest with us and that classroom was more than a classroom, it was like another home and everyone was a family. He taught us real experiences. The time I remember is when he taught us that when you say bad things to someone or hurt someone, it is not a reflection of God. I think that he is one of the best teachers that I have ever had. Mr. Palmquist, if you ever read this, I miss you and you are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment