Saturday, September 11, 2010

If You Could Cook One Meal For Your Family...

If I could prepare any meal for my family, it would be baked macaroni and cheese. It appears to be a very simple meal, but as I always say, quality food takes time and love.
I use 3 types of cheeses; cheddar, medium cheddar, and white cheddar. The use of 3 different cheeses adds a distinct flavor. I usually use elbow noodles, but shells also work.
First, I set the oven to 350 degrees.
Second, I grate a block of each type of cheese and mix them together.
Third, I boil a large pot of water. Add 2 pinches of salt for flavor and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. The olive is used to prevent noodles from sticking. When the water comes to a boil, pour one large bag of noodles into the pot. (Stir occassionally). The noodles should take about 15 minutes to cook. (Throw noodle onto cabinet. If it sticks, the noodles are ready.)
Fourth, get one large baking pan. Spray with non stck spray. Pour a layer of noodles on the bottom of the pan. Then, add a layer of cheese. Continue this procedure until pan is full. Once the pan is full, add salt and pepper.
Put into the oven until top is golden brown.

Once the meal is ready, the smell of cheese fills the house. You won't have to worry about calling anyone to the table. They will come on their own

No comments:

Post a Comment