Monday, September 27, 2010

If You Could Be On Any Game Show...

   I was standing in front of one of the largest audiences. There was the audience before me and the millions of viewers that tuned in at 7:00 p.m. everyday, as I did. My wore a black and white suit and I had a huge smile, composed primarily of nerves. My opponents had a strong poker face, but I could tell they were as nervous as I was. We were on in 5 minutes. This was Jeopardy.
   The first round was like a warm up to me. It gave everyone a chance to get rid of all the nerves. I was able to earn $10,000, but I was still $5,000 away from first place. We were able to finish the entire board. During the break, we all laughed and talked about how nervous we were. Our conversation came to an abrupt end. It was time for round two.
   The last round ended in extremely close scores: $25,000, $22,000, and $20,000. If I had any shot of winning, I needed to make an extremely large wager. I just hoped that my $10,000 bet would not be the end of me. The topic was US History, which was one of my stronger subjects. The question read "This young explorer came to Jamestown during the early 1600s and brought it to order and prosperity." A light bulb went. 'Captain John Smith," I thought. It was this question that led me to victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment