Thursday, September 23, 2010

How Old Were You Four Years Ago?

   Four years ago, I was twelve years old. I was one year away from entering my teen years. My parents were not extremely strict, but I was restricted from doing certain things. I was not allowed to use public transportation, I could not create a social networking account, and I had just made an email account.
   When I was younger, I used to look at my parents' rules and regulations as a lack of trust in me. Now I understand that it is not me they don't trust, but it is the rest of the world. They lightened up to the idea of me having a social network account. I can use public transportation. I am allowed to go to certain parties and be in a relationship with a responsible young man. I never really had a desire to do too much. With age comes responsibility and privileges, which are two things I have gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment