Monday, September 20, 2010

Describe The Oldest Person You Know

   In my opinion with age comes wisdom and knowledge. I am proud to say that the oldest people I know are my great grandparents Nana and Papa. They have been together for many years and have lived in the same house before I was born. They are definitely two people that I admire because they have endured the days of segregation and are a true definition of success, in my eyes.
   My great grandmother, or Nana as we call her, is a very kind-hearted woman. She is the perfect person to talk to when life presents you with problems because she is not judgmental. I often go to her for spiritual advice because her relationship with God is so strong. I aspire to have a relationship like hers. Nana always greets you with a smile and a hug.
   Papa is very kind-hearted, as well. He is not afraid to speak his mind and he is one of the bravest people I know. Papa can take a hot pan from the oven with his hands. He takes much pride in his grass and loves to watch boxing. He likes to joke around and is sure to greet you with "Hey you."
  

3 comments:

  1. This is clearly written and the ideas are direct. Though, as a reader, it seemed to me like you just through some traits about your papa together quite randomly. Maybe a heads up or some transitional words before you dive deep into the sentence.

    ReplyDelete