Sunday, October 31, 2010

What Is Special About Me

Sierra is probably one of the most common names on the planet. But, Sierra Lavon Henderson is probably one of the most interesting Sierras that you’ll meet. That would be me. Underneath my shy and somewhat serious exterior, lies an ambitious girl with a lot of heart, smarts, and dreams that are larger than life. I never really considered myself to be an extremely complex person. However, I do feel that there is more to me than most people may think. You know what they say, don’t judge a book by its cover.
    
My skin complexion is like that of a Hershey’s Kiss. Not too dark and not too light. I am a 5’2, which I consider to be average height. But, I’m shorter than just about everyone in my class, so I suppose my height isn’t that average. If you were to past me by, you’d probably smell a fragrance similar to cologne. I must assure you that it is a very strong fragrance given off from my Oro Gold Body Butter. It also makes my skin soft and smooth.  I wear square-frame glasses that have always managed to sit on the end of nose, since I was a small child. My body is just the shell that holds my most important components; my heart and soul.
    
 When most people look at me one word always comes to mind; nerd. Which I suppose is true. I am an intelligent girl who takes school very seriously and works very hard in everything I do. After all, success is only attainable through hard work, dedications, and drive. When it comes to something that I truly want, I put my all into it. I am a very kind- hearted person, who is always thinking about the well being of others. Kindness can feel like a blessing and a curse because some may take your kindness for weakness. Ever since I was a child, I’ve had this huge desire to make the world a better place for everyone. I enjoy improving the lives of others in any way possible. I believe that if you can make a difference, you should. Everyone has a helping hand to lend. I’m just a kind-hearted girl who wants to heal the world.
   
My main goal in life is not to pursue happiness, but to achieve it. As far as high school, I would like to become senior president and class valedictorian. I think that I am on the right track of reaching the goal of valedictorian. On a more personal level, one goal that won’t be so easy to achieve is raising my self-esteem. I know that doing so will help me build my confidence and how I perceive myself in general. The list of all my goals for life would probably exceed 5 pages. There is so much that life has to offer and life is too short to limit yourself.
    
Basically, I’m a small person with a big heart, a lot of smarts, and dreams that are larger than life. The world is filled with so many opportunities and I plan on seizing all of them. There is an endless amount of things to learn and I plan on learning everything I can. Always remember that your body doesn’t define you; your mind does.

No comments:

Post a Comment