Sunday, October 31, 2010

Educators Make The Difference

In my opinion, one of the most important professions in the world is an educator. We have all played the role of an educator at least once in our lives. The primary reason a teacher is so important to me is because a teacher gives his or her students one of the best and most important gives anyone can ever receive: knowledge. With that being said, a teacher should always be courteous, an expert in their particular subject, and should be wise and intelligent.  The best way to teach students is to make learning fun because I know that my peers and I grasp information much better when I am being entertained.

If I was a teacher, the first thing I would do is try to find out what type of learner my students are. There are visual learners, audio learners, and many other types of learners. Once I discover what type of learner they are, I would use information to accommodate to the way the majority of my students learn. I would use games like Jeopardy as a method of reviewing information before a test. I would definitely make sure that all of my students were learning, not just to pass the CST, but for their own personal knowledge. After all, there is no CST in college.

It is very important to take into consideration all of your students learning styles, make learning fun, and take pride in what I do because it is very important for each student to grasp the necessary concepts in order to succeed. Being a teacher is one of the most important jobs a person can have. It is even more important than being president.

No comments:

Post a Comment