Monday, October 25, 2010

The Food We Eat

When it comes to food everyone has their own way of selecting what they consume. I personally look for the amount of calories and the nutritional facts that are in my best interest. However, the majority of people may select their meals by quantity, taste and price and nutritional values, as well. Over all the methods for selecting food, taste overshadows all. People rely on taste and affordability because saving money is always a good thing and families are more likely to eat food that is more appealing in taste.

In this era in time, families are becoming more and more financially incapable of buying food for their families. With that being said, most people look food that is inexpensive, or in their financial range, although it may not always be in the best interest of their family’s health. Some people are vegetarians so they do not even consider meat, when they select the food they eat. Others try to live as healthy as they can, so they select food that is going to give them nutrients and are low in calories. My mom always makes sure she buys fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. I am a huge calorie counter so I select food that are low in calories, promotes my well-being and health. Being a vegetarian means that I need more nutrients than the average person.

People have different reasons for selecting food they eat. There are so many reasons, in fact, that it is too difficult to generalize the way everyone selects the food they eat. I know that when I select food, my health and well-being overshadows the costs. I look for nutritional facts and calories because I know that I cannot put a price on my health

No comments:

Post a Comment