Monday, October 4, 2010

And The Winner Is...

   Today was the day that I was closing one chapter of my life and opening another. So long to the middle school world and it's burdens. I was getting my diploma and would be entering high school in the fall. I would definitely miss all of my friends, but there was something that was on my mind for weeks; who would win salutatorian and valedictorian.
   My friends and I were aware that we had the top GPAs of our class. But, we had the same GPAs throughout middle school, which made the decision more difficult. We all believed that the other was victorious and we thought that there would possibly be a tie.
   It was time to announce the winners. There were two trophies of the same size and one larger one. Our wish had come true. When they called my name to receive salutatorian, I was elated. I was more happy to know that we had won an award that we had all earned

No comments:

Post a Comment