Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cooperation

What is cooperation> According to the Webster Dictionary, cooperation is that act of cooperating, or of operating together to one end. The word cooperation can have an endless number of definitions, but to me, cooperation means unity and functionality amongst a group in order to accomplish a goal. Without cooperation, success cannot be achieved because it is unity. In my opinion, I believe that cooperation is vital in order to go anywhere in life. A classroom cannot function without the cooperation of all its students. A hospital cannot thrive and save many lives without everyone being on the same page. Even the smallest project or gathering such as a study group, cannot function properly if everyone is not willing to cooperate.

Cooperation means functionality to me because the two terms go hand in hand. You cannot have one without the other. I take this very seriously because I understand how important it is. For example, when my classmates and I play Jeopardy in first period, we would not be able to finish the game unless everyone is willing to listen, learn, compromise and stay on the same page, which are all aspects of cooperation.

Basically, cooperation is the basis of everything. That is how important it is. An empire can be the most powerful empire in the entire world, but it will fall to its knees unless everyone plays their part.

No comments:

Post a Comment