Sunday, January 16, 2011

Parent Characteristics

Ever since I was a child, people have always told me that I am the splitting image of my father. I must conquer that I look just like my father and we have some similar personal traits. This may come off as a bit strange, but sometimes I look more like my mother, as well. I am a mixture of both of my parents physically and a bit mentally. But, I think I am most like my great grandmother.
I was born on December 27, 1993. Yes, everyone has a birthday, but I consider my circumstances to be a bit different than most, considering my mother had me when she was only 17. My mother was very actively involved in my life, but she still had to work in order to provide for us so we stayed at my great grandparents’ house. My great grandmother watched me as a child. She loves to make popcorn; she is somewhat soft spoken and the nicest person ever. Above all, she had a great relationship with God. Now, as a young lady, I still possess many of her traits. I love God with all of my heart and I know the importance of being kind to others, regardless of how they may treat you. It is not okay to be a push over, but you must try to be as kind to others as you can and pray for them to be kind.
Children are a mixture of both their parents, physically and mentally. But, the person that you spend the most time with when you are younger can greatly influence how you act when you are older. That is why I am most like my great grandmother.

4 comments:

  1. 'This may come off as a bit strange,' suggestion: This may come off a bit strange'
    'as well' not needed.
    'bit mentally' take out a bit
    'Yes, everyone has a birthday, but' not needed
    Overall, good :) Good job~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice background info :D.... hmmmm 17... interesting :P... --> 19 XD
    some parts seemed rushed but meh... the meaning is still there so it doesnt matter -.-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like but there are a cuple thins you cant take out, that a bit unessasary. for example yes everyone has a birthday and a bit mentally. other then that it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! i can feel emotion from every word. However, you use commas a lot and that can distract from your writing.

    ReplyDelete